Capabilities, LLC. connects the dots between the person and their future.
We started in 1997 by Bill and Karen Blumhorst, a former special education
teacher. Today, Capabilities and a staff of over 160 employees proudly
serve people in over half of Ohio. Capabilities is sought after for its
comprehensive services, focus on supported community employment, flexible
personalized service, optimistic corporate culture, and one on one customer
service. How can we help you connect the dots?
- 1997 – Capabilities started by Bill and Karen Blumhorst, a former special education teacher, providing job development and job coaching services
- 2000 – Started providing driver’s training services for people with disabilities & Findlay Office Opens
- 2005 – Dayton Office Opened
- 2009 – Started providing day habilitation services
- 2010 – Toledo Office Opened
- 2014 – Circleville Office Opened
- 2015 – Opened first community-based day habilitation service
- 2016 – Fremont Office Opened
- 2016 – Wheelersburg Office Opened
- 2018 – Athens Office Opened
- 2018 – Piqua Office Opened
We currently provide services based from these locations and offices:
Athens, Circleville, Dayton, Edison Community College (Piqua), Findlay, Fremont, St. Marys, Toledo, and Wheelersburg; with Project SEARCH locations in Dayton, Piqua & Toledo.
Please click here to review the Capabilities Performance Measurement and Management report 2018
Please click here to review the Rights and Responsibilities of Our Persons Served
Please click here to review the Capabilities Ethical Code of Conduct
Please click here to review the Capabilities Capabilities Strategic Plan 2019